Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday: Absolutely Gorgeous Weather

Carolina loggers, black plain front Bass pants with short pockets, the red/blue fine check on blue shirt that I can never get the description right, white T, gray pouch briefs, usual Dickies socks. There's something about wearing those scruffed up boots with the always perfectly looking black pants that's just so wired; I love it.

Today I waited far too long at the bus stop. I did enjoy the weather, and it was a much needed contemplation time. A house painter with Sherwin-Williams brand painter pants (I want a pair) came up the sidewalk from a fenced-in yard just down the street to get some coffee at the convenience store at the corner. Then he walked back coffee cup in hand. About 10 minutes later he opened the gate with no coffee cup in hand and looked up the sidewalk in my direction; he stared. That lasted for about eight minutes, and then he went back into the yard. Just a really odd sighting. And, it didn't involve a "hi" or even eye contact. Sorry for such a long post. And, sorry for this post's title, but it was a very wonderful weather day.

No comments: