Sunday, May 08, 2005

A Third Soggy Saturday

Durango cowboy work boots, double front black Carhartt logger jeans, chambray Carhartt shirt, blue Carhartt T, blue knit boxers, Dickies white work socks.

While most of the men in the supermarket were wearing sneakers, there were several with well-worn construction boots. Got stared at by a guy buying lots of beer who was also dressed in Carhartt; perhaps he was envious of my yellow Carhartt rain coat.

I've read far too many 18th & 19th century diaries to know that I am not alone in my obsessive talk about the weather. I just didn't realize I was one of those kind of people until I started this project.

I did know that I was a bit overly observant of what men were wearing, especially on their feet, so a lot of my postings don't surprise me. In so far as one can separate the two, boots are more of a gender than a sexual thing for me. Being overly observant of how tight a man's jeans are or what his facial hair is like is, however, a sexual thing. Wondering what other men are wearing is just weird.

All of this is me.

No comments: